Hotels leverage mobile technology to provide autonomous support
Implications - While the ideal version of extremely personalized hospitality might have each guest paired up with their own personal concierge, many hotels are leveraging mobile technology that is offering something incredibly close. Through apps and mobile phones that are programmed to offer the same conveniences, tips and insider knowledge travelers are used to receiving from the front desk, the hospitality industry can cater to consumers on a much more individual level, wherever they are. This plays into the need for autonomy many travelers seek, providing them with a sense of confidence as they know they'll be receiving 5-star treatment even off hotel premises.
Workshop Question - How can you ensure your consumers are still thinking about your brand even when they aren't directly interacting with it?
1. Personalized Hospitality Apps - Hotels are using mobile apps to provide personalized recommendations and activity information to guests, promoting last-minute bookings and spontaneous experiences.
2. Hotel Handset Gadgets - Hotels are providing free smartphone services to guests via Handy devices, offering unlimited calls and texts, LUXOS city guides, and serving as room keys, as well as connecting guests to other hotel services such as room service.
3. Real-time Translation Apps - Apps like Hostelworld's 'Speak the World' feature are helping bridge communication gaps between tourists and locals by offering real-time translation services through mobile devices.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can leverage personalized mobile apps and handset gadgets to provide individualized experiences and hassle-free services to guests, encouraging spontaneous experiences and higher customer satisfaction.
2. Technology - The technology sector can innovate and develop new features and devices for the hospitality industry, such as real-time translation apps and free smartphone services for guests, to improve communication and facilitate access to services.
3. Travel and Tourism - The travel and tourism industry can offer a more authentic and personalized experience to travelers by partnering with the hospitality industry and integrating mobile solutions that provide real-time information and recommendations, making trips more memorable and enjoyable.