Providing personal interaction, brands exchange goods for social engagement
Implications - As networking and social engagement continues to dominate consumer behaviorism, businesses are turning to methods of online interaction to expand brand recognition in a more personal, and digitally efficient manner. Creating a platform for user involvement, brands are offering discounts and rewards in exchange for interaction on such sites as Twitter and Instagram, speaking to a shift in brand-consumer engagement towards more reciprocal, yet socially integrated methods of day-to-day interaction.
1. Social Bartering - Brands are using social media platforms to offer discounts and rewards in exchange for interaction, leading to a shift in brand-consumer engagement towards more reciprocal, yet socially integrated methods of day-to-day interaction.
2. Gamification of Online Platforms - Online platforms are adding more game-like features and competitions which make the platforms more entertaining, and provides users with rewards, discounts and increased brand awareness.
3. Social Media Rewards Programs - Consumers are now being rewarded with points and discounts on high-end cosmetic and skincare products as they engage with beauty retailers through various social media platforms.
1. Retail - Innovative promotions that use social media to connect with millennials are disrupting how retail presents its wares and engages loyal customers, this trend offers significant opportunities for those who adapt quickly.
2. Gaming - New online platforms and systems are developing that offer game features like competitions and rewards in order to offer a much more entertaining and engaging online experience.
3. Beauty - Social media is being used by beauty providers to engage with customers in a new way, offering discounts and promotions to those that interact most with core products and services, creating brand loyalty.