'ShopStyle' is an online clothing retailer that has begun using Snapchat to leverage a new consumer base. While many brands use Twitter, Facebook and Instagram to sell their products, ShopStyle has found a way to turn the social platform into a retail tool.
In order to use the photo-disappearing app to sell its products, ShopStyle established a partnership with five popular fashion bloggers. These bloggers are obliged to wear ShopStyle's clothing and will post images of their outfits on Snapchat. When users view a blogger's photos, they will subsequently be directed to a designated 'shop Snapchat' store via the online clothing retailer. The brand thus creates an interactive shopping experience between fashion bloggers and consumers.
As fashion bloggers continue to shift their followers from traditional social media platforms to messaging apps like Snapchat, brands have a unique opportunity to explore an untapped market. By engaging with bloggers, brands can provide a more humanized online shopping experience while appealing to consumer's niche interests.
This Online Clothing Retailer is Using Snapchat to Sell Its Products
1. Snapchat Retail Integration - Online retailers like ShopStyle are integrating Snapchat into their sales channels to reach a new, younger consumer base.
2. Influencer Marketing - Partnering with popular fashion bloggers provides a more humanized and targeted approach to advertising.
3. Messaging App Commerce - Messaging apps like Snapchat are becoming an untapped market for online retailers to create an interactive shopping experience.
1. Fashion Retail - Retailers in the fashion industry are experimenting with new ways to engage younger customers and increase sales.
2. Social Media Marketing - Companies that specialize in social media marketing have a unique opportunity to help brands integrate messaging apps like Snapchat into their sales channels.
3. Influencer Management - Influencer management firms can help brands establish partnerships with popular bloggers and social media personalities to create targeted advertising campaigns.