The Koe video game is a new way to teach people another language. The video plays like a typical Japanese Role-Playing game or JRPG, but it has the added bonus of teaching users the language.
JRPGs are wildly popular not only in Japan but all over the world and since Japan is the hub for all things gaming, the country holds a lot of clout there. The game plays similarly to other famous JRPGs like Final Fantasy and Pokemon but with a different premise.
In the Koe video game, the user plays as their avatar who visits Japan and uses the words that they learn throughout their travels as weaponry to fight off enemies. Players learn the words by continuously using them to converse with other people in the game.
The Koe Video Game Teaches Users How to Speak Japanese
1. Language-learning Video Games - Interactive video games with language immersion elements to promote language learning.
2. Gamified Learning - Incorporating playful, game-like elements in teaching and learning environments.
3. Role-playing Language Education - Language education co-opting concepts from role-playing games.
1. Education - Developing language-teaching games and incorporating gamification elements in all subjects.
2. Gaming - Incorporating language education components in existing popular video games or creating entirely new games that teach languages.
3. Travel and Tourism - Developing games that teach languages for individuals traveling to foreign countries where the languages are spoken.