A new iPhone app, FIGR, provides fashion fanatics with handheld digital wardrobes. The app, which allows fashion junkies to experiment with runway looks and street style outfits, is quickly gaining momentum in the fashion industry. The app allows users to piece together outfits with elements featured both on runways and on the street; users can choose from an array of current fashions provided by the app. With a simple swipe, users can change the top, middle and/or bottom portions of pictures to create their own desired looks.
The founders of the app, Lauren Levinger, Byron Parr and Chris Parcel, were inspired by the rise of street style photography and fashion blogging. The trio envisioned the app to be used by fashion fanatics, as well as those who work in the fashion industry (i.e. stylists and editors).
Prior to launching, the app partnered with major fashion brands such as Kenzo and Alexander Wang, and with notable lifestyle and fashion bloggers. The partnership also allows the brands to expand into mobile (which appears to be the current direction of everything nowadays). Eventually, FIGR hopes to expand its content, adding branded editorial content, advertising as well as a way for users to purchase items seen in the app. For now, the team is focused on “enhancing the FIGR experience.” FIGR is available for free on iTunes.
The iPhone App FIGR Lets Fashionistas Create Personal Virtual Ensembles
1. Digital Wardrobe Apps - The rise in popularity of digital wardrobe apps presents an opportunity for fashion brands to reach new customers and expand into mobile platforms.
2. Personalized Fashion Styling - The ability for users to create their own desired looks using fashion apps like FIGR opens up opportunities for personalized fashion styling services and recommendations.
3. Partnerships and Collaborations - Fashion brands partnering with digital wardrobe apps like FIGR allows for the integration of branded editorial content, advertising, and seamless shopping experiences.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage digital wardrobe apps to engage with fashion enthusiasts, provide personalized styling solutions, and drive sales through integrated shopping experiences.
2. Technology - The rise of digital wardrobe apps creates opportunities for technology companies to develop innovative solutions in virtual styling, augmented reality try-ons, and mobile fashion experiences.
3. Advertising - Advertising agencies and brands can tap into partnerships with digital wardrobe apps to create branded editorial content and targeted advertising campaigns that reach a fashion-savvy audience.