Men's cosmetics routines are expanding to include makeup
Implications - As modern consumers continually feel comfortable skirting outdated gender norms, mainstream cosmetics ranges are moving to include men's makeup products that appeal to a fast-growing male beauty market. This shift demonstrates the growing difficulties in marketing efforts based on traditional demographics groups and points to the need for brands to offer niche products and services that entice consumers in ways that current offerings may neglect to.
Workshop Question - Are there demographics that your brand has yet to target due to an overt focus on traditional ways of thinking? How can your brand break out of these constraints to reach consumers that it hasn't before?
1. Gender-neutral Makeup - The trend of gender-neutral makeup products has led to collaborations with male influencers for cosmetics brands.
2. Mainstream Male Beauty - The mainstreaming of male beauty products reflects the expanding target market and an opportunity for brands to offer niche products.
3. Cross-industry Collaborations - Collaborations between beauty brands and celebrities from non-beauty industries could tap into new target markets and offer disruptive products.
1. Beauty and Personal Care - The beauty industry is expanding its target market to include male beauty, gender-neutral products, and collaborations with non-beauty influencers.
2. Social Media and Influencer Marketing - Social media and influencer marketing play a significant role in the expansion of the beauty industry to new target markets and collaborations.
3. Men's Grooming - The growth of men's grooming industry creates opportunities for beauty brands to offer products that cater to men's specific needs.