Brands harness popular artists' aesthetics for packaging and marketing
Implications - Earning a reputation as a high-brow product meant for intelligent and discerning consumers can take years of work and patience. By co-opting high-brow artistic themes, styles, and motifs in their packaging and marketing, brands can short-circuit that route to a sophisticated reputation among consumers.
Workshop Question - How could your brand better leverage design in marketing to curate your reputation with consumers?
1. Art-inspired Branding - Brands are co-opting high-brow artistic themes, styles, and motifs in their packaging and marketing to add depth to their products and establish a sophisticated reputation among consumers.
2. Artistic Product Design - Designers are drawing inspiration from modernism, art, and iconic artists to create geometric statement tees and jewelry pieces that are wearable and surprisingly artisanal and artistic.
3. Artificial Intelligence Editing - Photo editing platforms and mobile applications such as Prisma app are utilizing artificial intelligence to scan art and apply filters inspired by famed artists to photos, adding a much more colorful and artistic element to images.
1. Beverage Industry - Branding and labeling inspired by artistic works can add depth to a product's identity and attract consumers who are also interested in art and design.
2. Fashion and Apparel Industry - Drawing inspiration from art and artists can inspire designers to create more avant-garde garments that have a broader appeal among consumers.
3. Technology Industry - Artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms are providing designers and artists with new tools to create exciting, dynamic products and designs.