Brands are seeking to harness the benefits of distracted fidgeting
Implications - With the need for multitasking at work and in personal lives on the rise, consumers are increasingly distracted and bear more stress as a result. Brands are harnessing the physical expressions of distracted behavior in order to enhance the focus of workers, resulting in increased productivity and short-term decreases in anxiety. This pattern is a reactionary response to the expanding responsibilities that consumers have, as well as the increasing number of platforms through which those responsibilities must be realized.
Workshop Question - How can you alleviate the productivity guilt of the modern consumer?
1. Functional Fidgeting - Brands are utilizing physical expressions of distracted behavior to enhance the focus of workers.
2. Adult-oriented Fidget Toys - New luxury fidget toys are being created to offer a more adult-oriented and sophisticated version.
3. Education Through Fidgeting - Fidget toys are incorporating elements of education to offer a visual experience for the user.
1. Office Supplies - The trend of functional fidgeting paves the way for producers of office supplies to innovate and expand their product lines.
2. Toy Manufacturing - The increasing demand for adult-oriented fidget toys creates a new market for toy manufacturers to explore.
3. Education - The education sector can look into incorporating fidget toys into their curriculums to provide their students with tactile and interactive experiences.