Lack of packaging conveys both literal transparency and eco-consciousness
Implications - The omnipresence of social media and shared opinion has placed a premium on transparency. This also creates consumers who expect brands to make a positive impact on the world in a way that is tangible. Minimized waste via unpackaged products achieves this while alleviating consumption guilt for consumers who are conscious of their carbon footprint.
Workshop Question - What is one industry norm you could challenge to provide more authenticity?
1. Package-free Products - The minimized waste trend via unpackaged products alleviates consumption guilt for environmentally conscious consumers.
2. Edible Packaging - Edible packaging solutions such as Roza Janusz's Scoby provide disruptive innovation opportunities for food and packaging industries.
3. Vegan Beauty Products - Lush Cosmetics' use of vegan ingredients such as aquafaba in the production of its package-free bath products matches the growing preference for plant-based consumer goods.
1. Sustainable Products Retail - Entrepreneurs can invest in providing more sustainable product options, in response to consumer consciousness about environmental impact.
2. Beauty and Personal Care Industry - Innovation within the Beauty and Personal Care industry has become critical to provide eco-friendly solutions like package-free products that immensely contribute to zero-waste products and are relevant to sustainability trends.
3. Food Service Industry - The food service industry has the opportunity to embrace edible packaging solutions like Roza Janusz's Scoby, to address consumer concerns about waste and environmental impact of take-out packaging.