Self-care experiences expand outside of traditional spa experiences
Implications - With the "self-care" industry booming, the versatile nature of the concept is allowing brands to create excursions based in the act of self-care, that stray from traditional spa experiences. These spaces cater to consumers' escapist proclivities while simultaneously attracting consumers who crave novelty in their purchase decisions.
Workshop Question - Conceptualize an experience that plays off of common consumer behaviors and preferences.
1. Non-traditional Self-care - The rise of non-traditional self-care experiences allows for the creation of unconventional excursions based on self-care that cater to consumers' escapist proclivities while simultaneously attracting consumers who crave novelty in their purchase decisions.
2. Functional Cocktail Drinks - The rise of healthy living has inspired the creation of alcoholic drinks that sport health benefits, providing an opportunity for the alcohol industry to innovate functional cocktail recipes.
3. Restorative Event Experiences - Restorative events that incorporate education, relaxation, and more such as Camp Summerdaze provide an innovative solution to the traditional festival experience that is normally associated with sleepless nights and weakened immune systems.
1. Hospitality - The hospitality industry can incorporate wellness, self-care and education into their concepts in order to cater to the growing demand for intentional and restorative dining and lodging experiences.
2. Alcohol - The alcohol industry can innovate with the creation of functional cocktail recipes, such as mood-boosting or nutrient-rich drinks
3. Outdoor Recreation - The outdoor recreation industry can innovate with the creation of expandable campers, with a design that allows campers to have a comfortable experience in a compact piece of equipment.