Cold brew coffees are infused into packaged food products
Implications - The rise of cold brew coffees sold in cafes has led to the inevitable emergence of this beverage being infused food products. Though standard coffee flavors in desserts are common, cold brews' less intense, sweeter flavors make associations with the beverage highly marketable. This shift comes with the consumer preference for products and services that are simultaneously artisanal and accessible.
Workshop Question - How could your brand reflect both accessibility and artisan quality in the products/services it offers?
1. Cold Brew Infused Food - Cold brew coffee's popularity has led to a rise in the infusion of this beverage into food products
2. Non-dairy Desserts - Consumer's desire for dairy-free desserts and snacks is on the rise
3. Caffeinated Snacks - Products whose food technology gives them a coffee-like caffeine content
1. Food and Beverage Industry - The infusion of cold brewed coffee into mainstream food products presents an opportunity for differentiation in the highly competitive food and beverage sector
2. Dairy Industry - Development of innovative forms of dairy-free products is taking place to respond to consumer preference for plant-based diets
3. Confectionery Industry - Opportunities exist for development of innovative confectionary products leveraging flavors and health effects