City-inspired product ranges cultivate personalities around destination
Implications - As consumers continue to be more naturally grouped by overlapping interests than traditional demographic markers, clever brands are designing collections that offer diversified experiences through personified metropolitan designations. This shift highlights the ability of brands to entice through the creation of unique "personalities" around product offerings that help consumers get excited about the new ways in which they are able to self-categorize themselves within collective experiences.
Workshop Question - How can you expand on your product range in order to appeal to consumers in terms of collective experience in an unconventional way?
1. City-inspired Product Ranges - Brands are creating collections that offer diversified experiences through personified metropolitan designations, highlighting the ability of brands to entice through the creation of unique “personalities” around product offerings.
2. City-themed Fashion and Beauty - The recent rise of collections that are inspired by cities from around the world are now available in fashion and beauty products, which is a sign of the growing popularity of city-inspired products.
3. Limited and Ultra-exclusive Items - Creating ultra-exclusive products are a smart marketing strategy for luxury brands who want to keep their products scarce and desirable.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Fashion brands can create metropolitan-inspired collections that reflect the culture, iconography, and lifestyles of various cities.
2. Luxury Goods - Brands can create luxury products that drive up exclusivity and evoke a sense of desire in customers.
3. Beauty Industry - Cosmetics and beauty brands can design city-themed products that evoke the essence of cities and their unique characteristics.