Big brands make bold promises to reduce plastic waste
Implications - As the predictions for the future of global warming become more and more dire, big brands are taking bold stances related to waste by pledging to reduce their use of plastic partially or completely. Reflecting not only the environmental crisis, but the way in which consumer purchasing patterns are affected by this, this prioritization of environmental impact is likely to inspire a new standard when it comes to how big brands approach their impact on the environment.
Workshop Question - What causes are most important to your core customer? Are you helping support that cause?
1. Plastic Reduction Pledges - Brands are making pledges to reduce their use of plastic partially or completely.
2. Ocean Plastic Recycling - Brands are adopting waste-reducing ocean plastic packaging and creating coalitions to ensure that plastic waste does not end up in delicate ecosystems.
3. Recycled Plastic Clothing - Brands are producing clothing made from recycled plastic bottles that help to reduce waste in waterways and landfills.
1. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can adopt plastic-reducing practices, such as recycled plastic clothing, to reduce environmental impact.
2. Consumer Goods Industry - Consumer goods brands could consider using waste-reducing ocean plastic packaging and adopting sustainability pledges to reduce the use of virgin plastic.
3. Recycling Industry - Recycling and materials management companies have an opportunity to collaborate with brands to further advance ocean plastic recycling and help reduce plastic waste.