In partnership with the Surfers Against Sewage charity, Kraken Black Spiced Rum launched a special-edition rum dubbed 'Salvage' that will help to fight plastic waste and pollution. The Kraken Salvage edition boasts a ceramic design and for every bottle purchased, the brand will be donating £1 to the charity, which is devoted to protecting bodies of water and the wildlife that inhabits them.
Although Kraken Black Spiced Rum is known for its ceramic rum bottles, the brand unveiled a set of black metal drinking straws to further help consumers reduce the amount of single-use plastic they purchase.
As the amount of plastic that is ending up in the ocean is becoming unignorable, environmentally minded brands are launching entire campaigns and products based on bringing awareness to conscious consumption, material reuse and conservation efforts.
The Ceramic Kraken 'Salvage' Special-Edition Rum Fights Plastic Waste
1. Plastic Waste Reduction - Opportunity for brands to launch campaigns and products focused on conscious consumption and material reuse.
2. Environmental Awareness - Brands can leverage campaigns and products to raise awareness about the impact of plastic waste on oceans and wildlife.
3. Consumer Behavior Shift - Consumers are becoming more conscious of the single-use plastic they purchase, creating an opportunity for brands to offer alternatives.
1. Beverage - Beverage brands can develop packaging innovations and initiatives focused on reducing plastic waste in their products.
2. Charity/non-profit - Charities and non-profits can partner with brands to raise funds and awareness for plastic waste reduction and conservation efforts.
3. Sustainable Materials - Opportunity for companies in the sustainable materials industry to collaborate with brands to develop eco-friendly packaging alternatives.