Consumers rethink the concept of dessert with indulgent spreads
Implications - In an effort to transform simple, everyday meals into experiences of delight, many consumers are turning to sweet spreads, dips and condiments. The emergence of such indulgent sandwich offerings suggest that dessert is no longer conceived of as an infrequent treat, but a consistent source of pleasure in daily life. This approach speaks to the evolving consumer, who is compromising on rather than denying hedonistic impulses.
Workshop Question - How are you catering to growing niches as consumers become more in-tune with their personal needs and desires?
1. Indulgent Spreads - Consumers are turning to sweet spreads, dips and condiments in an effort to transform simple, everyday meals into experiences of delight.
2. Flavored Nut Spreads - Legendary Foods is producing naturally flavored nut butters that take inspiration from delectable dessert flavors, creating guilt-free snacks that are plant-based sources of protein.
3. Real Coffee Infusion - Brands across multiple industries are choosing to infuse their products with real coffee for added taste and interest.
1. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry should focus on innovative flavor combinations, especially when it comes to healthy snack options such as plant-based nut spreads.
2. Coffee - The coffee industry should consider expanding products beyond beverage options and explore ways to incorporate real coffee into other products.
3. Packaged Foods - As consumers seek convenience, the packaged foods industry should consider new ways to make mealtime more indulgent through innovative spreads, dips, and condiments.