Retail locations are designed to serve as inspiring event spaces
Implications - Traditional retail brands are beginning to design new stores with designated space to host events. Whether available for use by consumers or to host VIP shopping events, such multifaceted retail space is an example of brands innovating the in-store experience in order to gain new clientele. By replicating high-end services associated with luxury, designer retail, brick-and-mortar stores reveal the importance of enhancing the shopping experience to stay competitive in a shifting retail market.
Workshop Question - How can you leverage aspirational experience to create more memorable in-person engagements with your consumers?
1. Multifaceted Retail Space - In-store event spaces and VIP shopping experiences are a growing trend in retail spaces.
2. Curated Design Shops - Retail spaces are showcasing and curating American design studios to offer unique collections of home decor, personal accessories and apothecary goods.
3. Integration of Culinary Experience - Retail stores are integrating professional kitchens and dining tables to offer a more personalized and sophisticated shopping experience to their VIP clientele.
1. Retail Industry - Retail brands are innovating around their in-store experience in order to gain new clientele and stay competitive in a shifting retail market.
2. Fashion Industry - Fashion designers are opening minimalist flagship boutiques to provide a backdrop to the clothes rather than a visually stimulating environment.
3. Design Industry - Retail spaces are curating American design studios to offer unique collections of home decor, personal accessories and apothecary goods.