Consumers adopt "slow" cooking techniques as grilling is seen as a hobby
Implications - As advanced home cooks search for new ways to prepare traditional dishes, consumers are embracing "slow food" cooking techniques associated with a simpler time. Overall, this progression represents the view of grilling and barbecuing as a hobby, much like coffee, and signals a passion for food that makes preparation, cooking and indulging a pleasurable, all-day activity. As consumers continue to embrace connoisseur culture, individuals are transforming everyday practices into an art form.
Workshop Question - How can your brand embrace the consumer desire for traditions, in today's fast-paced society?
1. Slow Food Movement - Consumers are embracing traditional, 'slow' cooking techniques associated with a simpler time, which represents a shift from the view of grilling as a quick meal to one as a pleasurable, all-day activity.
2. Eco-friendly Grilling - Many consumers are looking for more sustainable and ecological grilling options, shown by the increasing popularity of grills that use hardwood, which is a renewable energy source, and a preference for more environmentally friendly fuels instead of non-renewable fuels like propane or natural gas.
3. Multipurpose Grills - Consumers want multipurpose grills that can function as both a barbecue and a fire pit. Innovative designs that combine the functionality of a fire pit and BBQ into one unit make outdoor cooking and entertaining more novel and engaging.
1. Outdoor Living - Innovative grilling designs are changing the way people entertain outdoors and transforming the outdoor living category as a whole, creating opportunities in the areas of furniture and accessories.
2. Sustainability - The trend of eco-friendly grilling creates opportunities in the areas of renewable energy sources, sustainable packaging, and environmentally friendly fuel alternatives.
3. Food and Beverage - The increased prominence of food as an art form has revolutionized the food and beverage industry, providing new opportunities for chefs, aspiring foodies, and kitchen accessories designers.