Spiked candy pieces provide extra delight to consumers
Implications - Candy is originally intended as a treat for children; in adulthood, treating oneself needs to also include an element of sophistication and relaxation. Thus, combining confection with alcohol is something seen more in foodie circles. Providing an extra layer of indulgence for those looking to pamper themselves, this hybrid good is especially appealing to foodies seeking a top-tier experience.
Workshop Question - How can your brand appeal to consumers seeking sophisticated experiences or products?
1. Boozy Candy - Infusing alcohol with candy allows adults to indulge in childhood treats with sophistication.
2. Wine-inspired Sweets - The wine industry has influenced the creation of sophisticated candy treats for adults.
3. Cocktail-inspired Confections - Alcohol-inspired candies take a cue from classic cocktail ingredients, offering a fun alternative to traditional sweets.
1. Confectionery Industry - Confectioners can offer boozy or wine-inspired candy to attract adult customers.
2. Wine Industry - Wine makers can collaborate with confectioners to create wine-infused candies.
3. Alcohol Industry - Alcohol companies can explore creating confections as a new way to offer their alcoholic products.