Marketing efforts encouraging bad behavior entice consumers
Implications - Capitalizing on the general public's fascination with crime, many marketing campaigns have opted for an illicit approach. By encouraging consumers to embrace illegal behavior in a fun, light-hearted way, this approach immediately grabs attention, as well as offering an outlet for so-called "bad" behavior.
Workshop Question - What guilty pleasure could you tap into to create adverse appeal?
1. Illicit Marketing - Marketing campaigns are embracing an illicit approach to grab attention.
2. Friendship-testing Pranks - Promotions and stunts are testing the limits of what friends will do for each other.
3. Thievery-based Promotions - Promotions are providing giveaways to those who are willing to participate in a seemingly illegal act.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers need to push the boundaries to stay top of mind with their audience.
2. Entertainment and Media - Media companies are using creative campaigns to engage their audience.
3. Travel and Tourism - Travel companies are getting creative with their marketing tactics to drive interest and participation.