To announce that season four of the The Walking Dead TV show would be coming to the Fox Channel Portugal, a store with Walking Dead merch store was set up with a very unusual payment system. Instead of accepting cash, The Walking Dead 'Blood Store' was set up in partnership with Portugal's national blood bank institute, IPST, and had fans trade blood donations for official merchandise.
As well as increasing viewership for The Walking Dead on the Fox Channel Portugal, the Blood Store was hugely successful at getting people to donate blood—67% of donations were made by first time donors. The brilliant Blood Store was devised by the Lisbon-based Torke agency, knowing that fans want more blood (and gore) from the show.
The Blood Store Trades Blood Donations for Walking Dead TV Show Merchandise
1. Blood Donations for Merchandise - Opportunity for businesses to create innovative promotions that incentivize blood donations by offering exclusive merchandise.
2. Partnerships with Non-profit Organizations - Opportunity for businesses to collaborate with non-profit organizations to create unique marketing campaigns that drive engagement and support a cause.
3. Fan Engagement Through Interactive Experiences - Opportunity for businesses to create immersive experiences that allow fans to engage with their favorite TV shows or brands in innovative ways.
1. Entertainment Merchandise - Opportunity for companies in the entertainment merchandise industry to collaborate with blood donation organizations to create unique promotions that drive brand awareness and increase customer loyalty.
2. Marketing and Advertising - Opportunity for marketing and advertising agencies to develop creative campaigns that leverage partnerships, innovative payment systems, and fan engagement to promote brands and causes.
3. Non-profit Organizations - Opportunity for non-profit organizations to partner with businesses to create mutually beneficial promotions that raise awareness for important causes and drive engagement.