Self-referential branding makes a product's benefits clear to consumers
Implications - Putting the intended selling point of a product up front and center, very literal packaging makes a product stand out on the shelf. Creating an even more instantaneous connection with the consumer, this approach helps establish a brand as transparent and forward-thinking, while making the decision process much easier for consumers.
1. Literal Packaging - Brands are putting the intended selling point of a product up front and center on the packaging, creating a more instantaneous connection with the consumer.
2. Clever Packaging Design - Brands are utilizing clever packaging designs that make their product stand out on the shelf and communicate the experience the product will give.
3. Decorative Packaging - Decorative packaging is being used to dress up a gift in a simple and affordable way that works for any season.
1. Consumer Packaged Goods - Consumer packaged goods brands can benefit from exploring creative and clever packaging designs that communicate their product's benefits to consumers.
2. Retail - Retailers can help distinguish their products on the shelves by utilizing decorative packaging designs.
3. Beverage - Beverage brands can explore unique packaging designs that help communicate their brand identity and set them apart from competitors.