Businesses are upcycling unusual goods to create a more marketable story
Implications - Brands are turning to the process of re-purposing odd goods in order to stand out in the retail market. Creating a level of interest that stands out, this approach to otherwise run-of-the-mill products creates an intriguing story behind a product, and helps establish a stronger connection with the consumer.
1. Upcycling - Brands are re-purposing odd goods creating intriguing and sustainable stories behind their products.
2. Repurposed Materials - Designers are creating unique works of art and jewelry by using repurposed and recycled materials such as coins, bullet shells and bomb bits.
3. Mixed Media Art - Artists are using discarded furniture and other unconventional materials such as wood and metal to create intricate and unique mixed media sculptures.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can repurpose materials to create sustainable and unique pieces of jewelry, clothing, and accessories.
2. Home Decor - Artists can use mixed media techniques to create unique, eye-catching pieces of furniture and home decor that can repurpose materials and reduce waste.
3. Art and Design - Innovative techniques for using unconventional materials in art and design can lead to exciting opportunities for creativity and sustainability.