As video games become the primary form of paid entertainment their status rises
Implications - As more passive forms of paid entertainment decrease in popularity, video games flourish, placing their connoisseurs in a more positive light. Gamers were previously considered social misfits, however as the Internet continues to connect like-minded individuals, the gamer community becomes more prestigious. This speaks to the future of entertainment shifting toward interactivity.
Workshop Question - How can your brand create more interactive entertainment or marketing-related experiences for its consumers?
1. Rise of Video Games - The popularity of video games has increased significantly as more people seek interactivity and engaging entertainment options.
2. Online Gamer Communities - The Internet has facilitated the growth of online communities for gamers to connect and share experiences.
3. Gamer Matchmaking - Niche matchmaking apps and services are emerging to help gamers find like-minded individuals to play games with.
1. Gaming Industry - Companies in the gaming industry can continue to develop new products and services that cater to the growing demand for interactivity and community building among gamers.
2. Online Entertainment Industry - As video games become the primary form of entertainment for many people, businesses in the online entertainment industry can expand their offerings to include gamer-specific content.
3. Technology Industry - Advances in technology have enabled the development of new platforms and services that enhance the gaming experience, presenting opportunities for businesses in the technology industry.