Social networks look to map the world via data collected on users
Implications - Data from several social networks is now being used for ventures far more advanced than targeted advertising. Data from social media sources such as Twitter and Facebook are now being used to map global resolutions, sicknesses and language use locations. How, where, why and when people are virtually interacting can be extremely useful for understanding target markets.
1. Social Media Mapping - Social media mapping using data from various social networks is now being used for ventures far more advanced than targeted advertising like mapping global resolutions, sicknesses, and language use locations.
2. Crowdsourced Location Tagging - Platforms like TagTagCity crowdsource a digital planned overview of practically any location one can visit for leisure, entertainment, arts, and culture, which can be accessed through mobile devices like smartphones and tablets, sending promotional deals, discounts and historical backgrounds, thus creating opportunities for the tourism industry.
3. Social Media Sickness Trackers - Infographics using Twitter or other social media platforms provides a valuable tool for tracking and predicting real-time health epidemics for pharmaceutical and health insurance companies or hospitals to be able to allocate and distribute resources.
1. Tourism - Use platforms like TagTagCity to create a crowdsourced overview of locations that can attract tourists to specific destinations and provide promotional deals, discounts, and historical information.
2. Healthcare - Social media metrics like Twitter feeds or geotagged data help track the spread of disease or predict real-time health threats, which is valuable for preventing epidemics and allocating resources in hospitals, while also building products for pharmaceutical and health insurance companies.
3. Advertising - The use of social media mapping or other similar platforms can help businesses identify target markets, track customer behavior and purchasing patterns, and innovate marketing strategies, ultimately increasing revenue and ROI.
6 Featured, 53 Examples:
300,224 Total Clicks
Oct 10 — Apr 13
Consumer Insight Topics: