In today's world, there are more than a few tech-savvy kids and it's important to look at their tendencies and capabilities along with the impact these can have down the road. This infographic asks the questions: how tech savvy are our kids? How do parents feel about this? And where will things be in 10 years?
Babies as young as six months old are already starting to play with their parents electronic devices. That means kids who used to be playing with blocks are now playing with iPads. This also leads to electronic activity that can often go unseen by parents. Around 19% of parents say their child has sent a text or made a call without them realizing it.
One expert predicts that in 10 years time schools will have their own apps, which will allow parents to track their child's progress electronically.
This Chart Looks at the Tech-Savvy Kids of Today's Generation
1. Tech-savvy Kids - Opportunity for developing innovative technology and educational solutions catering to the digital fluency and tech skills of young children.
2. Early Adoption of Technology - Potential for disruptive innovation in the baby and toddler products industry that integrates technology and creates age-appropriate interactive devices.
3. Parental Monitoring Apps - Chance for developing advanced monitoring apps and tools to help parents track and manage their child's technology use and digital activities.
1. Education Technology - Opportunity to revolutionize education by developing apps and platforms that enhance learning experiences for tech-savvy kids.
2. Baby and Toddler Products - Potential for disruptive innovation in the industry by combining traditional toys with technology to create interactive and educational devices for young children.
3. Parental Control Software - Chance for innovation in developing advanced monitoring and control software that allows parents to easily track and manage their child's technology usage and online activities.