A lack of car maintenance can cause serious problems on the road according to this infographic.
13% of all car accidents are a result of mechanical failures due to a lack of car maintenance. An astounding 85% of all cars need repair or maintenance services and 75% of highway fires are due to mechanical failures which could be prevented with regular car maintenance. These kind of statistics make a clear case for routine car maintenance practices.
Common car maintenance practices are oil changes, tire inflation, air filter changes and regular overall tune ups. These measures can improve your cars mileage by up to 19% and save up to 96 gallons of gas a year.
This infographic also states that $20,000 to $30,000 can be saved over a lifetime due to proper car maintenance practices.
This Infographic Details the Importance of Car Maintenance
1. Car Maintenance Importance - The importance of regular car maintenance practices to enhance safety and improve efficiency.
2. Auto Upkeep - The need for auto maintenance to prevent future accidents and costly repairs.
3. Mileage Improvement - The benefits of car maintenance on improved car performance and fuel efficiency.
1. Automotive Industry - The need for the automotive industry to create innovative solutions that encourage routine maintenance and long-term car upkeep.
2. Insurance Industry - The need for the insurance industry to create innovative solutions such as pay-per-mile insurance to encourage car maintenance practices.
3. Technology Industry - The opportunity for technology companies to create innovative solutions like maintenance reminder apps to encourage regular car upkeep and maintenance.