Brands and institutions are focusing on developing gaming and coding skills
As eSports continues to grow in popularity and brands and institutions increasingly understand the implications it has in different fields, educational services and programs that cater to those interested in this industry are beginning to pop up. Where eSports was once understood as a subculture, the industry is now being built from the ground up in a way that establishes more comprehensive processes related to how it will impact business, entertainment, the legal system, and consumer behavior – all through various educational tools.
Workshop Question - How can your brand take a more comprehensive approach to addressing emerging innovations in its industry?
1. Esport Education - eSports industry is being built from the ground up with educational programs for those interested in gaming and coding.
2. Amateur to Pro Gaming Competitions - Brands creating amateur gaming competitions with entryway to compete in professional competitions.
3. University Courses for E-sporting Events - Universities are offering gaming courses which are focusing on the eSport industry.
4. Gaming Industry Student Ambassadorships - Companies providing student ambassadorships with career critical skills and an emphasis on growing the gaming community on campus.
1. Gaming Industry - Companies are building amateur to pro gaming competitions to attract gamers, which solidifies their spot in the gaming and eSports community while building their brand.
2. Tech Industry - Universities teaching kids how to code and create video games, making them valuable assets in the future as programming becomes an increasingly important and in-demand skill.
3. Education Industry - eSport education courses are attracting students interested in the gaming industry and are learning how to build a career from the ground up.
4. Marketing Industry - Companies providing student ambassadorships to students from different schools in the hopes of ‘growing and nurturing’ the gaming community at their respective campuses, acquiring some positive brand association and potential employees.