The video games developer and publisher Riot Games has launched a unique new initiative titled the Riot Games Student Ambassador Program.
This is the first time that the company has launched such a program, and it will take place in Malaysia. The initiative spans across one year for participants, and was designed to help them "develop career critical skills and jump-start their future careers" – despite what discipline they are seeking to pursue. Riot Games has selected 28 students from 28 different post-secondary schools in Malaysia, and they were chosen based on their grades, charisma and passion for gaming.
The student ambassadors' purpose is to "grow and nurture the thriving gaming community at their respective campuses," and they will be responsible for organizing "intra-campus tournaments and community events" as well as various workshops and hackathons.
The New Riot Games Program is a First for the Company
1. Student Ambassador Programs - Opportunity for companies to develop talent and strengthen brand loyalty by empowering students to promote their products and services.
2. Career Development Initiatives - Opportunity to establish long-term relationships with potential future employees and foster industry-specific skills and competencies.
3. Organizing Intra-campus Events - Opportunity to engage with the target audience and build a strong community around a specific interest or industry.
1. Video Games - Developing student ambassador programs can help gaming companies create a loyal base of brand advocates and cultivate a strong gaming community.
2. Education - Implementing student ambassador programs can enhance career development initiatives in educational institutions and foster industry-specific skills and competencies.
3. Marketing and Event Management - Organizing intra-campus events can provide opportunities for marketing agencies and event management companies to engage with the target audience and build strong communities.