Consumers search for sophisticated forms of at-home entertainment
Implications - The act of lighting a fire has been significantly elevated with sleek accessories, outdoor fixtures and even professional expertise. This is not only an example of how routine activities can become sophisticated; it also confirms the idea that consumers are gravitating to sensory-based experiences, even when it comes to entertaining at home.
Workshop Question - What element of your industry that may be perceived as insignificant can be revamped through sensorial enhancement?
1. Sensory-based Experiences - Consumers are gravitating to sensory-based experiences, even when it comes to entertaining at home, which creates opportunities for companies to offer products that appeal to all senses.
2. Old World Charm - As the old world charm of yesteryear infiltrates the mainstream, there is an opportunity for companies to provide products with a rustic yet opulent experience.
3. Unique Sensorial Opportunities - Companies can create unique sensorial opportunities for consumers, like the Fireplace Program at the Royalton Hotel in NYC, designed to complement and combine with the aromatic wood-burning scents.
1. Home Decor - Sleek accessories and outdoor fixtures elevate routine activities and provide opportunities for companies in the home decor industry to create products that are both functional and stylish.
2. Hospitality - The Fireplace Program at the Royalton Hotel creates a unique sensorial experience for guests and exemplifies how the hospitality industry can tap into sensory-based experiences.
3. Leisure and Entertainment - The trend of sophisticated comfort offers opportunities for the leisure and entertainment industry to provide consumers with luxurious experiences in their own homes.