Culinary apps incorporate the senses in an effort to engaged consumers
Implications - Contemporary longing for disconnected living has spurred a will for real-time engagement through the senses. In the tech sphere, culinary apps are answering this call with smartphone apps that captivate consumers in a physical fashion. On a broader scale, this sensory approach helps brands create lasting memories.
Workshop Question - If you were to incorporate a sensory experience into your products or retail space, which senses would you engage?
1. Multi-sensory Engagement - Culinary apps are using technology to activate all five senses, creating memorable customer experiences.
2. Synesthetic Sensory Perception - Apps are using synesthesia-inspired technology to simulate multi-sensory experiences that were once limited to a few people.
3. 3D Scanning Technologies - Apps using 3D scanning technology create a more realistic visual experience of food, leading to innovative applications in food photography, food blogging, and e-commerce.
1. Food Industry - The food and hospitality industry can enhance customer experience and generate brand loyalty with sensory-rich spaces and menu items.
2. Technology Industry - Technology companies can develop novel applications using synesthetic-simulating technologies, such as audio-visual technologies in VR/AR and entertainment.
3. Retail Industry - 3D scanning technology enables retailers to create more realistic product images, offering an enhanced online shopping experience and aiding in product development.