Brands create packaging that overtly preaches sustainability
Implications - Many consumers will actively seek out eco-friendly products, and consider doing their part for the environment a point of pride. As such, brands are taking a blatant approach in packaging designs to both lure in green consumers and offer an ego boost to those attracted to the prestige of eco living.
1. Blatant Eco Packaging - Brands are designing and producing eco-friendly packaging, which is not hidden and promotes sustainability, to cater to consumers who take pride in following a sustainable lifestyle.
2. Compostable Packaging - To reduce landfill waste, brands like Alter Eco are developing compostable packaging solutions by using sustainable materials like wood pulp and non-GMO corn.
3. Plantable Packaging - Designers like Amelia Roblin are embedding seeds into packaging materials to promote sustainability and encourage people to continue their healthy eating habits at home.
1. Food and Beverage - Sustainable packaging solutions could offer competitive advantages, and environmentally conscious consumers are willing to pay more for eco-friendly products.
2. Retail - Companies can differentiate themselves from their competition by adopting eco-friendly packaging and by promoting sustainability initiatives.
3. Environmental - Providing compostable, plantable and eco-friendly packaging solutions to businesses and individuals within this sector can present itself as a business opportunity, aligned with responsible and eco-sustainable practices.