Brands leave an impression by creating packaging that's meant to be kept
Implications - Unlike eco-focused packaging that focuses on minimal or biodegradable material, elaborate packaging that's meant to be kept or collected is being adopted by brands looking to leave an impression on consumers. This shift helps ensure that brands are remembered long after a product has been used or consumed by becoming a part of the home.
1. Keepsake Branding - Brands are investing in elaborate packaging that's meant to be kept, ensuring that they are remembered long after a product has been used or consumed by becoming a part of the home.
2. Limited Edition Packaging - Brands are offering limited edition packaging to reflect historical traditions of product consumption while encouraging current-day consumers to purchase it.
3. Ancient Inspired Packaging - Products are taking on packaging that is influenced by ancient typography and scripture, mixing an antediluvian inspiration with contemporary design to produce standout aesthetic products.
1. Packaging Industry - The packaging industry can incorporate keepsake and limited edition packaging for their clients to leave an impression on consumers while increasing brand retention.
2. Fashion Industry - The fashion industry can incorporate keepsake and elaborate packaging for consumers to reuse in varying ways post purchase, increasing the lifespan and versatility of the product.
3. Perfume Industry - The perfume industry can create unique packaging reflective of the fragrance's nostalgic scent, like using vintage baby bottles or incorporating interactive packaging components, targeting novelty-hungry millennial consumers while extending the product's consumer lifespan.