Hello Kitty collaborations allow brands to reach target groups
Implications - Collaborating with Japanese company Sanrio—its Hello Kitty brand in particular—is becoming a major part of marketing as brands around the world use the pop culture icon to boost their branding. These product collaborations, which include everything from makeup and fashion to jewelry and gadgets, allow brands to not only expand on their product lines but appeal to consumer segments that they may never have been able to reach otherwise.
1. Pop Culture Collaborations - Collaborations with pop culture icons, like Hello Kitty, are becoming a major part of marketing, allowing brands to expand their product lines and reach new consumer segments.
2. Combining Aesthetics - Consumers are increasingly attracted to products that feature different aesthetics combining two or more styles together, creating new and unique products.
3. Character-based Consumer Products - The collaboration of character-based products is expanding the consumer market, allowing for innovative designs that can cross demographics.
1. Fashion and Apparel - Many designers and clothing brands are releasing collaborations with pop culture icons, featuring unique designs and expanding their consumer base.
2. Entertainment and Media - Collaborations between entertainment and media companies and character-based consumer products create new revenue streams through cross-promotion and licensed merchandise.
3. Technology and Electronics - Companies are releasing character-based electronics, like smartphones, allowing fans to incorporate their favorite characters into everyday technology.