Images of deceased celebrities are brought back for advertising purposes
Implications - When an iconic celebrity passes away, their memory lives on with their fans -- in fact, many cases see a celebrity's fan base increase post-mortem. Companies have caught on to this and are capitalizing on it by using images of deceased celebrities in their branding tactics and other initiatives. This speaks to the consumer preference for nostalgia.
1. Post-mortem Celebrity Endorsements - Companies are using images of deceased celebrities in their branding tactics, opening up new opportunities for post-mortem celebrity endorsements.
2. Hologram Technology in Entertainment - The use of hologram technology in entertainment is on the rise, presenting innovative opportunities for resurrection of deceased celebrities to perform once again.
3. Vintage Celebrity Endorsements - The resurrected allure for nostalgic endorsement of brands has resulted in the re-surfacing of vintage celebrity endorsements, creating opportunities for rebranding strategies.
1. Entertainment - The entertainment industry is ripe for innovation using hologram technology to resurrect deceased celebrities for live performances.
2. Marketing and Advertising - The marketing and advertising industry can create new opportunities for post-mortem celebrity endorsements for brands and products.
3. Consumer Goods - Brands in the consumer goods industry can leverage the nostalgia for vintage celebrity endorsements to create innovative rebranding strategies.