Fnac Stores play on the emotional 'music idols never die' to promote their new vinyl section by using vinyl records of three iconic musical legends, Jim Morrison, Elvis Presley and Janis Joplin. The models pose behind the album sleeve in a way that makes it look like the dead star is actually posing.
The slogan of the campaign is "Vinyl never dies. New vinyl section at Fnac." The ads were photographed by Miguel Toledano for Kitchen ad agency.
Morrison, Joplin & Elvis in 'Vinyl Never Dies'
1. Emotional Brand Connection - Using emotional connection with music idols in advertising campaigns to promote brand identity.
2. Resurgence of Vinyl - Capitalizing on the recent resurgence on vinyl records by promoting new vinyl sections.
3. Artistic Advertising - Creating artistic advertising by using vinyl records and album sleeves as props.
1. Retail - Retailers embracing the resurgence of vinyl and creating new vinyl sections in their stores to encourage sales.
2. Advertising - Advertising agencies creating unique and artistic campaigns in order to connect emotionally with consumers and drive sales.
3. Music - Musicians capitalizing on the resurgence of vinyl by releasing new music in vinyl format and promoting it through vinyl sections in retail stores.