Parents turn to photography to add cultural diversity to youthful engagement
Implications - While technological devices provide convenient sources of entertainment for kids, the indoor usage of gadgets often halts youths from experiencing more diverse, outdoor endeavors. Seeking alternative sources of play, parents are turning to youthful photography devices to combine high-tech engagement with the need for more culturally diverse activities. Exposing children to more mature, adult activities reflects a need for more independent, and stimulating methods of interaction.
1. Youthful Photography Devices - Parents are turning to youthful photography devices to combine high-tech engagement with the need for more culturally diverse activities.
2. DIY Camera Kits - DIY camera kits make for great educational tools that teach basic concepts while also being a fun activity to do.
3. Collective Experience Photography - Photography is becoming more about sharing; the Cheese Camera concept is based on this idea and encourages playful photo galleries among children.
1. Toy Industry - The use of toy-like cameras that are both educational and entertaining is a potential disruptive innovation opportunity for the toy industry.
2. Education Industry - DIY camera kits provide a unique opportunity for the education industry to integrate fun hands-on activities that promote learning about basic concepts of digital cameras.
3. Photography Industry - The trend towards collective experience photography and sharing of photos by youth can create disruptive innovation opportunities in the photography industry.