Food begins to reflect the diversity of consumers
Implications - The diversification of the mass market reaches new heights in 2015, with projections showing more immigration, and the internet bridging international gaps. This shift is reflected in many industries. The most immediate among them is the visible change in the food industry, as different cultures are fused together on one plate.
1. Multicultural Fusion Cuisine - The fusion of diverse cuisines is becoming increasingly popular, leading to disruptive innovation opportunities in the creation of hybrid dishes that blend two or more cultures in unique ways.
2. Superfood Breakfasts - Breakfast foods that focus on superfoods and healthier options are becoming more popular, leading to disruptive innovation opportunities in the creation of new breakfast products infused with superfoods.
3. Unusual Pizza Toppings - Combining traditional pizza with unusual toppings is becoming more popular, leading to disruptive innovation opportunities in the creation of hybrid pizza dishes that feature unexpected ingredients and flavors.
1. Food and Beverage Industry - Restaurants, cafes, and food retailers can capitalize on the multicultural fusion cuisine trend to create innovative dishes that feature a mix of unexpected flavors and ingredients.
2. Health and Wellness Industry - Companies in the health and wellness industry can capitalize on the superfood breakfast trend to create new products that feature healthy ingredients and appeal to health-conscious consumers.
3. Fast Food Industry - Fast food chains can capitalize on the unusual pizza toppings trend to create innovative pizza dishes that feature unexpected ingredients and appeal to a wider range of customers.