Sustainable stadiums show a convergence of eco and sport
Implications - The worlds of sports and architecture are colliding as concerns over the environment begin affecting the creation and reconstruction of arenas, stadiums and other sports-related structures. With athletic architecture featuring the best in sustainable design, it is likely that "green" principles in sports equipment, apparel and other products will follow suit.
1. Sustainable Sports Equipment - Companies can take advantage of market opportunity by creating eco-friendly, sustainable products for surfers and other water sport enthusiasts.
2. Green Architecture - Concerns over the environment are affecting the creation and reconstruction of arenas, stadiums and other sports-related structures.
3. Rainwater Collection - Rainwater collection is a sustainable solution that can provide clean drinking water for communities and be used for watering sports fields or cleaning equipment.
1. Athletic Equipment Industry - The growing interest in sustainable sports equipment can be capitalized upon by companies in the athletic equipment industry.
2. Architecture and Construction Industry - Green architecture has become an important consideration for companies in the architecture and construction industry.
3. Water Management Industry - Rainwater collection and other sustainable water management solutions can be implemented by companies in the water management industry.