Located in Guadalajara, Mexico, this soccer stadium, designed by Studio Massaud, resembles an erupting volcano. The all-white membrane on the top was created to look like a ring of smoke. While we all know that volcanoes are disastrous to our environment, this is one volcano that is very eco-friendly.
Studio Massaud ensured that the volcanic soccer stadium uses collected rainwater for watering the pitch. It also features a naturally ventilated parking garage that holds up to 8,500 cars. Take a look through the gallery to see this extraordinary volcanic soccer stadium.
Studio Massaud Designs an Eco Building That Looks Like an Eruption
1. Eco-friendly Architecture - There is an opportunity for architects to design eco-friendly structures like the volcanic soccer stadium that use rainwater collection and natural ventilation.
2. Themed Stadiums - There is a growing trend for themed stadiums that incorporate designs from nature like volcanoes, forests, and oceans.
3. Sustainable Sports Venues - There is an opportunity to create sustainable sports venues that prioritize environmentally-friendly features like rainwater harvesting, renewable energy sources, and green spaces.
1. Architecture - Architects can explore innovative designs for sustainable sports venues like the volcanic soccer stadium, which prioritize environmental sustainability and function.
2. Sports and Entertainment - The sports and entertainment industry can incorporate more eco-friendly features in their venues and use their platform to encourage sustainability initiatives.
3. Urban Planning - Urban planners can create more sustainable and livable cities by incorporating sports venues that prioritize environmental sustainability and function as community centers.