Custom marketing tools allow for extreme targeting
Implications - Traditional market segmentation and targeted advertising will only get brands so far; luckily, technology is allowing for a new breed of selective selling, in which marketing messages can be extremely tailored to individual viewers. Rather than a typical ad that reaches a wide audience, these tools offer extreme targeting through functions like facial recognition, gender discrimination and even the analysis of a consumer's preferences and interests. With this burgeoning development in marketing, brands can save money on blanket advertising approaches and more effectively secure the attention of consumers who are more likely to buy.
1. Extreme Targeting - Technology is allowing for a new breed of selective selling, in which marketing messages can be extremely tailored to individual viewers.
2. Personalized Advertising - Companies are using technology to monitor consumer preferences to personalize advertising content and product suggestions.
3. Customizable Search - Google aims to become completely customizable for the consumer with its 'Search Plus Your World' feature.
1. Marketing and Advertising - New selective selling and personalized advertising trends are emerging and delivering an effective, cost-efficient approach for brands.
2. Retail and Vending Machines - Technology is transforming the retail and vending machine industry with facial recognition and anonymous face recognition technologies.
3. Search Engines and Social Media - Search engines and social media platforms are enhancing their user experiences with customizable search features and personalized content.