Scent is integrated into technology for full immersion
Implications - Technology can satisfy many senses, however the relationship between tech and the sense of smell has remained untapped til now. This is due to more than technological advancement. The mainstream acceptance of VR and AR technologies has ushered in a consumer demand for even more immersion. In this regard, integrating scent was the natural next step, and speaks to the importance of maintaining foresight when using new technologies.
Workshop Question - What is a technology you're currently using? What will that technology look like in 5, 10 and 15 years?
1. Multi-sensory Immersion - Consumers demand for more immersion in VR technology, speakers and other gadgets.
2. Integrating Sensory Functions with Technology - Devices such as the 'Smell of Data' aim to provide a more organic connection of users with their devices to sense data breaches.
3. Synthetic Olfactory Devices - Devices such as the 'Bouquet' turn color into scent, creating an augmented reality.
1. Virtual Reality - Integrating scents in VR technology can provide an even greater level of immersion for users.
2. Cybersecurity - Utilizing senses such as smell to detect online threats provides a unique security solution for consumers.
3. Beauty - The 'Delicious Dryer' and other scent-infused hair products have the potential to create new multi-sensory beauty experiences.
4 Featured, 36 Examples:
240,706 Total Clicks
Jan 17 — Sep 17
Consumer Insight Topics: