Social networking leaks into the physical world
Implications - Initially made to make all social interaction digital, social media and its related experiences are making their way back to the real world. This cyclical motion is brought on by a consumer desire to revert back to simple methods of communication, while still participating in the social media movement.
1. Offline Social Media - Offline social media is a trend driven by consumer desire to revert back to simple methods of communication, while still participating in the social media movement.
2. Merging of Old and New Communication Methods - The merging of communication methods of the past and present presents a disruption opportunity for businesses, such as using homing pigeons to send tweets.
3. Social Media Parodies and Adaptations - The trend of social media parodies and adaptations presents an opportunity for businesses to create innovative and humorous ways to bring their social media presence to the real world.
1. Marketing and Advertising - Marketing and advertising professionals can reference these trends for innovative and disruptive ways to advertise and reach consumers.
2. Technology - The merging of old and new communication methods trend presents disruption opportunities in the technology industry, such as developing new and innovative methods of communication.
3. Consumer Goods - The trends of offline social media and social media parodies and adaptations present opportunities for businesses in the consumer goods industry to create products that merge the digital and physical world in innovative ways.