The function of pills shifts from health to non-traditional uses
Implications - Pills deliver simplicity and convenience, making them ideal for the busier, more stressful lives consumers are leading today. Increasingly, pills are ingested for both conventional health requirements as well as in novel situations not traditionally treated with pills, such as limiting alcohol consumption.
1. Innovative Pill Technology - With the rise of intelligent, talking and 5-in-1 Polypill, pharma companies and startups should focus on developing unique and affordable concepts that can address people's medical needs.
2. Functional Alcohol Consumption - With the advent of compact & travel-friendly alcohol pills, alcoholic beverage manufacturers can consider expanding their product line to cater to consumers looking for alternative ways to enjoy alcohol.
3. Weight Management Supplements - With people becoming increasingly conscious of their health, companies can explore the development of more supplements like PGX that satisfy people’s dietary requirements and has no or minimal side-effects.
1. Pharmaceuticals - The growth of innovative pill technology like intelligent pills and 5-in-1 Polypill presents an opportunity for pharma companies to pivot and launch unique products that improve people's lives.
2. Alcoholic Beverages - With the emergence of a demand for functional alcohol consumption in the form of compact and travel-friendly alcohol pills, the alcohol industry can expand its product line and cater to consumers seeking unique ways to enjoy alcohol.
3. Weight Management Supplements - The increasing consumer trend for weight management supplements presents an opportunity for companies to innovate and develop low-cost diet supplements like PGX that cater to health-conscious consumers.