Auto manufacturers shift to digital means to get drivers behind the wheel
Implications - The decline of car culture amongst Millennial drivers has led to auto manufacturers going the digital route by offering test drives via virtual reality. This shift towards simulation in marketing acknowledges the preferences of those obsessed with digital culture while also making the experience easier to distribute for brands.
1. Virtual Reality Simulation - Auto manufacturers are moving to digital means by offering test drives via virtual reality, creating opportunities for professional virtual reality simulators and calibration services for car enthusiasts.
2. Motion-capture Technology - The use of motion-capture cameras combined with virtual reality headsets results in a highly accurate experience for designers to explore automobile designs, providing opportunities for innovation in motion-capture technology in the automotive industry.
3. Augmented Reality Gaming - Car manufacturers are lending their vehicles to the virtual world for promotional purposes, creating an avenue for game developers to create augmented reality games or simulators that use actual vehicles and attract a new generation of customers.
1. Simulation Industry - The rise of virtual reality test drives will create opportunities in the simulation industry for companies that provide calibration services, simulators, and customization options for car enthusiasts.
2. Motion-capture Industry - The use of motion-capture technology in the automobile industry provides growth opportunities for motion-capture service providers who can help designers explore automobile designs more efficiently and accurately.
3. Game Development Industry - The use of augmented reality in car promotional events creates growth opportunities for game development companies to create augmented reality games or driving simulators using real-life vehicles.