NFC technology is spreading, offering convenient, contact-free communication
Implications - Already a prominent form of data interchange and communication in Europe and Asia, near field communication (NFC) is sweeping across the United States, as more tech designers and brands include the innovative technology into their products and marketing methods. Providing consumers with the next level of convenience and touchless living, NFC, which enables contactless communication between mobile devices and NFC tags, stand to revolutionize a plethora of everyday activities, such as unlocking your door, paying for groceries, or interacting with advertisements.
1. Near Field Communication Technology - The rise in NFC technology is revolutionising everyday activities such as unlocking doors or paying for groceries.
2. Touchless Living - Consumers crave more convenience and touchless living experiences due to the increase in NFC and other touchless technologies like SmartTags and Programmable Mobile Stickers.
3. Self-updating Business Cards - Networking takes a new twist with NFC-enabled business cards that automatically update contact information across social media platforms and online media presence.
1. Retail - The retail industry can integrate NFC technology to provide contactless payments and to offer an easier and faster shopping experience to customers.
2. Technology - The increasing popularity of NFC technology provides a wide range of opportunities for technological advancements and innovation.
3. Marketing/advertising - Marketers can utilise NFC technology and touchless living trends to redefine advertising strategies and offer more seamless, personalised experiences to customers.