Brands use customer genetics to personalize and market their products
Implications - Brands' adoption of gene analysis is taking personalization to the next level, while functioning as a clear point of distinction for those who offer it. By creating products that have more evidentiary backing, these brands are able to cater to customers' specific needs within their area of expertise, rather than the customers' stated needs–a fact which functions as a key marketing tool for the products themselves.
Workshop Question - How can your brand adopt personalization into its product development process?
1. Genetic Analysis - Brands are utilizing gene analysis for personalized marketing and offerings.
2. Personalized Products - Genetic testing is being used to provide highly customized products that cater to consumers' specific needs.
3. Science-backed Offerings - Brands are providing more evidentiary backing to their products, distinguishing themselves in the market.
1. Food & Beverages - Genetics is being used to create personalized food and drink offerings, from DNA-based wine recommendations to custom genetic-based beers to meals based on diners' genetic code.
2. Personal Care - Personalized skin serums are being created based on customers' genetic needs, as determined by swabs sent through the mail.
3. Marketing & Advertising - Genetic analysis is providing a point of differentiation, allowing brands to create products that offer more evidentiary backing and cater to the specific needs of customers.