Children look for more accurate representations of themselves in toys
Implications - Virtual and augmented reality technology has lead to the creation of immersive toys that allow children to partake in worlds of fantasy. However, more and more frequently, children -- especially girls -- are looking for more genuine representations of themselves in their toys. Whether it's physical resemblance or behavioral imitation, realistic toys reflect a desire in children for more accurate portrayals of their identity.
1. Realistic Representation - Children are looking for more genuine representations of themselves in their toys.
2. Inclusive and Diverse Dolls - Doll companies are expanding their product lines to include dolls with more diverse features and inclusive designs.
3. Educational and Empowering Dolls - Dolls that focus on education and empowerment of young girls are gaining popularity in the toy industry.
1. Toy Manufacturing - The toy manufacturing industry can focus on making more realistic and diverse dolls for children.
2. Education - The education industry can benefit from gamifying the learning process through toys that encourage curiosity and learning.
3. Fashion - The fashion industry can explore gender-neutral fashion and inclusive designs that resonate with diverse communities.