Media platforms opt for custom, individually tailored features
Implications - Modern media brands are opting for a customized, bespoke approach to news dissemination and consumption. This is an ideal format for the millennial demographic, a set accustomed to tailored products and services that cater to the individualistic tendencies associated with them. News companies benefit in turn from specialized content that expands brand horizons while also meeting a demand for unique content.
Workshop Question - How could your brand utilize personalization as a way to simplify the consumer experience?
1. Customized Media - Modern media brands are opting for a customized, bespoke approach to news dissemination and consumption.
2. Personalized News Aggregation - There is an emergence of apps and platforms that create a more personalized news feed based on what is relevant to you and your interests.
3. Custom Content Curation - Companies like Flipboard and BBC+ are creating apps that allow users to select news categories of interest to streamline their news consumption.
1. Media - Media companies can explore designing custom content that expands brand horizons while also meeting a demand for unique content.
2. Technology - Developers can create new apps using smart technologies to personalize news aggregation and curation.
3. Publishing - Publishers can invest in creating personalized versions of their publications, with PaperLater's reformatting service as an example.