Post-recession housing is closer to work and eco-friendly
Implications - Gas-guzzling commutes from the suburbs to the city may lose their popularity in the coming years, leading to overall lifestyle greentrifications. Living in closer proximity to the workplace has the benefit of saving time, money and allowing for more eco-friendly commutes -- values that will be increasingly relevant with time.
1. Eco-friendly Living - The trend of living in closer proximity to the workplace in order to save time, money and allow for more eco-friendly commutes is gaining relevance with time and it is reflected in the design of futuristic farm skyscrapers, sustainable skyscrapers, parks in the sky, greenhouse homes and urban ecodistricts.
2. Green Architecture - Architects are integrating eco-friendly features into their designs in order to accommodate people's desire to be attuned with nature and contribute to the sustainability of our planet. This has led to the emergence of green architectures featuring photovoltaic glass, green rooftops, parks, and mixed income and generation housing.
3. Sustainability - The trend of sustainability has influenced designs of futuristic farm skyscrapers, sustainable skyscrapers, parks in the sky, greenhouse homes and urban ecodistricts that use alternative energy sources, incorporate recycled materials and feature green spaces, in order to help reduce the carbon footprint.
1. Architecture - Architects can incorporate eco-friendly and sustainable elements in their designs to accommodate people's desire to contribute to the sustainability of our planet and foster greener communities.
2. Real Estate - Real estate developers can incorporate eco-friendly and sustainable elements in their designs to create homes and buildings that are more in sync with nature and help reduce the carbon footprint.
3. Urban Planning - Urban planners can use ecodistricts, parks in the sky, rooftop gardens and green spaces to create greener and more sustainable urban environments that cater to mixed-income and mixed-generation populations.