Dubai's Seawater Vertical Tower is the latest futuristic idea to come out of the metropolis. It is a skyscraper that acts as a greenhouse.
This vertical farm uses sea water to humidify and cool the greenhouses and irrigates the crops by converting humidity back into fresh water
We all know that the world is running out of farm land, so it would be cool to see how this project turns out.
Implications - The designer's aim was to create a structure that could help Dubai become more self-sufficient. The Seawater Vertical Tower is very tall and features things that look similar to a tree's branches. These pod-like tree branches will have gardens inside of them. During the day the tower will look white with green and at night it will glow a soft yellow.
Futuristic Farming in Dubai's Seawater Vertical Tower
1. Vertical Farming - The Skyscraper Greenhouse in Dubai's Seawater Vertical Tower presents the opportunity for expanding vertical farming technologies that can help combat food insecurity and lack of space.
2. Sustainable Agriculture - Dubai's Seawater Vertical Tower showcases the potential for integrating sustainable agricultural practices through the use of seawater for vertical farming.
3. Smart Building Design - Smart building design can be further developed by looking at the Seawater Vertical Tower's innovative use of natural resources, such as seawater, for vertical farming and temperature control.
1. Urban Farming - Urban farming industries can take inspiration from Dubai's Seawater Vertical Tower and utilize vertical farming initiatives for sustainable agriculture practices.
2. Green Architecture - Green architecture industries can explore the use of natural resources for building design and combine them with sustainable agricultural practices, as seen in the Seawater Vertical Tower.
3. Environmental Innovation - Environmental innovation industries can benefit from looking at the Seawater Vertical Tower as an example of how vertical farming can positively impact both food security and the environment through the use and conservation of natural resources.